Sunday, August 9, 2009

Killer Nashville

In just a few days my grandson Michael and I will be on the road to Tennessee for Killer Nashville.

Michael, a budding musician, is anxious to see the Music City and agreed to be navigator/companion for the 'Old Guy' on this road trip. Neither of us have been to Nashville before, but we're eager for the adventure.

I won admission to the conference in a competiton held by Tony Burton's Crime and Suspense magazine. It's an opportunity to promote my books, smooze with other scribes (some of whom I know through correspondence but have not met personally), pitch an agent and editor and attend seminars on various writing and forensics subjects. I'm especially eager to attend some of those seminars being conducted by Lee Lofland, nationally acclaimed expert on police procedure and crime scene investigation. Guest of honor for the affair is J. A. Jance.

I've also been invited to participate in a panel, "The Dark Muse: Inspiration and the Mystery Crime Writer."

Another plus will be the chance to finally meet in person a family connection made through genealogical correspondence.

It should be an interesting couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment